Good news – we’ve joined the new Little Green Sprouts initiative (backed by Suttons Seeds).
- Help us raise funds to spend on the children
- Great gardening offers for parents • Home activities for those “I’m bored” moments
- Online games for children (of all sizes)
Little Green Sprouts is an online gardening store (with a difference) offering a mix of exciting new products for the confident gardener but also trusted favourites for those who know what they like. Whether you have an acre of land or just a windowsill there are products to suit. Here’s what we’d like you to do:
- Visit http://www.littlegreensprouts.co.uk/hemyock_scout_group and have a browse
- Once you’ve found what you’d like to buy simply place your order, safe in the knowledge that not only are you buying a quality item you are also raising funds for the group – every £10 spent will earn the Group 1 sprout which we can then spend on your children.
- Tell your friends! Feel free to invite your friends and family to visit the site
- Sit back and wait for your order to arrive!
Best wishes and happy gardening!
Hemyock Chief Scout Gold Award achievers get their reward at County Hall. After several years hard work six of the ten Scouts received their official presentation.
Last Sunday (22nd March) 8 Hemyock Cubs took part in the County swimming gala at Middlemoor in Exeter.
They all swam very well and came 4th overall in the county.
The certificates were awarded by the Chief Constable of Devon and Cornwall Police, Shaun Sawyer.
1st Hemyock Scout Group have found a great way to raise money for free, simply by shopping online through a website called easyfundraising (www.easyfundraising.org.uk).
Whenever you buy anything online (e.g. Christmas presents, groceries, clothes, books, train tickets, hotel rooms, etc.) you can raise a free donation for 1st Hemyock Scout Group . There are over 2,700 retailers registered with the site, including Amazon, John Lewis, eBay and Tesco who will donate a percentage of what you spend to 1st Hemyock Scout Group to say thank you for shopping with them.
Here’s how it works:
1. Sign up – go to http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/1sthemyockscout and click on the button to sign up.
2. Shop – from the easyfundraising website, search for the retailer you’d like to shop with and click through to the retailer to make your purchase. This tells the retailer you came from easyfundraising. The price is exactly the same as if you’d visited the retailer directly.
3. Get a donation – after you’ve made your purchase, the retailer will give you a cash reward that easyfundraising turn into a donation for 1St Hemyock Scout Group.
No cost, no catch!
Please be assured that using the easyfundraising website will not cost you a penny. There are no catches or hidden charges and 1St Hemyock Scout Group benefit from any donations you make once registered.
Thank you for your support.
1st Hemyock Scout Group have been chosen for the community good cause scheme at Asda Wellington. We will be one of three good causes to be supported by the token scheme (similar to that at Waitrose) at the store during the months of January and February.
If you shop in ASDA wellington please remember to put your token in our box!
1St Hemyock Scout Group are raising free donations this Christmas through easyfundraising.
If you’re buying a gift online then you could help, and it won’t cost you a penny!
Here’s how easy it is to do:
Just visit a retailer (like John Lewis or Amazon) via the easyfundraising website and any purchases you make will raise a free donation for us. It’s that simple!
easyfundraising have already helped raise over £7million for charities and good causes across the UK. They work with the leading retailers including Amazon, John Lewis, Argos and Marks and Spencer to name but a few.
It takes just a couple of minutes to register for free and no payment details are needed.
Please visit our page to find out more:
Thanks to everyone for the help and support at this years sale.
Without the support of all the Leaders, Executive members, helpers, donors, customers and everyone else involved we would not be able to run such a large successful event.
We look forward to seeing you all next year!
Our annual sale will be taking place on Saturday 4th October at Hemyock Parish Hall.
If you have any jumble please bring along between 7-9 on Friday 3rd or between 10-12 on the 4th, if you require larger items to be collected please call Wendy on 01823 680535
Look forward to seeing you all there!
We had a great camp in the Snowdonia National park. Camping to the west of Mount Snowdon.
The weather was wet over night and early in the morning and cold.
Trips included a hike to the top of Snowdonia where we had sun, fog, rain, hail, and wind (a good day for the mountain) We had an activity day in a slate mine with an underground boat ride, zip line, climbing and abseiling very challenging but enjoyed by all.
We had a camera treasure hunt in Conwy followed by a visit to the Castle & finally a little crab fishing at the harbour.
All the Scouts cooked for themselves on wood fires, cooking the following menu’s Stir fry, Spaghetti bolognaise, and Sweet & Sour Chicken, all cooked to a high standard.
On the journey home we stopped for our final adventure which was a visit to King Arthur’s Labyrinth just outside Corris which is situated within a craft village, all the scouts enjoyed the visit